Sunday, February 17, 2019

Creating Multiple Users on Windows 10

It took me all night to do it, but I think it's fixed. I have finally managed to create multiple users on my PC (running Windows 10). I have my Admin account, my main account (both linked to my Microsoft OneDrive), and a local (non-Microsoft), standard (non-admin), account for my nephew. Each has its own log-in, profile, and apps. All my files are still there, I am still able to log into my OneDrive and sync it to my Desktop and my phone, and (sighing in gratitude) that annoying out-dated email address is gone from "My Info" on the Account Settings page. If all goes well, this happy state of affairs will continue, I will not forget my passwords and pins, and I will no longer have to see Roblox and Minecraft when I log onto my nice, private desktop. Best of all my nephew will not have access to my personal OneDrive and the files therein. Now, maybe I could have done the same thing by setting share permissions on each and every file or folder, but I like having the separate, customized desktops.

No comments:

Post a Comment