Friday, December 26, 2008

Trip to Terri's: Scanner, Here I Come!

My friend, Terri, had been wanting me to take a day off and come for a visit. Now she had the perfect lure. "I have a scanner," she said. "You might come over and use it. I also have a photo-editor. I don't know if that's what you need, but it does some pretty cool things." It's not that Terri actually had to lure me to her house for a visit. It's just that I was working as a temp then, so my finances wavered between flat broke and in the green. When I was working, I had no time for a trip. When I wasn't working, I had no money, and was hesitant to burn a tank of gas for a trip out of town. My '72 Ford LTD got twelve miles to the gallon. A fill-up, in 1999, was not to be taken lightly. It was a life decision. You see how it was. But the lure of the scanner was stronger than the fear of being flat broke and stranded. I filled up that gas hog and hit the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment