Friday, December 26, 2008

Rituals of the Non-Techie

I arrived at Terri's with high hopes. Immediately began the time-honored ritual among stone-age non-techies, of ferreting out various plugs and gizmos, figuring out which one went where, and attempting to boot the machine, while keeping fingers crossed. The big fear was that hooking up more than one piece of hardware at one time would provoke the dreaded growl and threat, "Illegal Operation!" As a matter of fact, this ritual is not limited to non-techies, but seems to be a time-honored tradition among IT professionals, from what I've observed in the offices where I've worked. The thing did boot up, and I looked forward with relish to performing my first scan. My Bugbones logo would soon become a reality.

Oh, the perils of Bugbones!

No comments:

Post a Comment