Wednesday, December 31, 2008

LView Pro... Send me a Disk!

The LView Pro program itself had some great tools and it was comparatively cheap. Only $50. Compared to Corel and whatever Microsoft offered of the same, that was an incredible bargain. I even paid the extra fee for them to send the software on a disk. I didn't know much about the software game, but I sure didn't quite trust some tenuous string of code to be sent through e-mail. If I was gonna pay 50 bucks, I wanted a solid piece of plastic that I could store in a box on my shelf. If I ever needed it again, I'd know where it would be. You couldn't lose it by hitting 'delete' one too many times. They couldn't log you out of it and refuse to recognize your password. Besides, I knew I could reinstall a really old disk even after software manufacturers called it obsolete and quit supporting it. I didn't trust their judgement on deciding when my property was obsolete. My machine was an obsolete dinosaur. So was I. And I was getting cagy. It was me against Bill Gates. I had been the victim of one too many Microsoft upgrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment