Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Aspiring for Better Images

LView Pro came into the picture when I'd just about had enough of Windows Paintbrush. The excitement of using Paint to make big, spidery squiggles was long past. I had conquered the computerized crayon. By hook or crook, over a period days, if not weeks, I had scraped out my flat, ugly little cartoon bug. Bugbones wasn't perfect, but he'd do in a pinch. I uploaded him to my site, rough and unfinished. But I aspired for better. What Bugbones needed was beyond the capability of Paintbrush, default settings or no. My little bug didn't have the polish of nice icons that I saw on other sites. And logo or no, if I meant to have an art site, even a cartoon one, then images were everything. Clearly Paintbrush wasn't gonna cut it. It was time to get down to brass tacks. I needed an art editor. Freeware and shareware were everywhere, but I knew nothing about them. Oh, I had played with shareware that came pre-loaded on my computer. But none of it would work to really tweak and fine-tune images. Through my friends at The Artist's Exchange art forum, I found out that new programs were on-line and free for the taking. LView Pro was the best value, they said.

The perils of Bugbones.

No comments:

Post a Comment