Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tumblr and Yahoo

Tumblr is turning out to be a good thing. I love it that I can blog on Tumblr and feed clean text updates to my Southern Muse pages. Wow, automatic updates to Southern Muse ~ something I've craved for years! I could've used Southern Muse Journal, my blog, but Blogger labels on post pages don't do as well as static pages with changing content. (With Tumblr, you can't even tell it's a feed!) Formatting is less than perfect, but it isn't horrible. I've done two blogs on Tumblr. One is a frivolous, fun site; the other is a genealogy blog, and I can see that it's going to get lots of wear. I'm going to kill two birds with one stone: clean out my computer and share lots of bits, pieces, photos, and scraps of genealogy that I've collected for 25 years. Yahoo (host for Southern Muse) may have a way to do clean feeds like Tumblr, but if so, it requires more knowledge and technical expertise than I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment