Sunday, August 14, 2011

Southern Muse registered on Feb. 21, 2000


Now I had my host, but I still needed to register my domain name. I'm a firm believer in getting a thing straight from the horse's mouth, going back to the source. This convoluted reasoning led me to buy my domain name from Network Solutions, "the dot-com people." If nothing else, I figured if N.S. was InterNIC, they must be the authoritative source on InterNIC fees. Nowhere did their terms and conditions mention InterNIC fees (though they were the people who collected them.) Finally there was nothing left to do but take a chance ~ InterNIC fees be damned. Having already chosen my host, Icom, I registered my domain name, southernmuse.com, at Network Solutions on February 21, 2000. I had my dot-com!


The annals of Southern Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment