Friday, June 18, 2010

Bought and Paid For

So, now I was the proud owner of a web site. Not a free website, this time, but one that was bought and paid for, with real money ~ not that Monopoly stuff. I think the true horror of what I'd done dawned on me as soon as the cash left my bank account. In for a penny, in for a pound, as they say. I'd just forked over a week's pay, and for what? A blank, no-name website that I myself was going to have to build... brick by brick (or bracket by bracket, as the case may be). Talk about Frankenstein! Bugbones, indeed. I barely knew how to put two angle brackets together. And now I had a new dilemma... should I stick with my odd name? I loved my little Bugbones cartoon guy... but was he truly representative of me? Did I want him buzzing about my serious art? This was going to be my real site, my one true dot-com. I hadn't even bought my name yet, and here I had a web site, just wasting away. So much for fear of technology... my technological clock was ticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment