Friday, December 19, 2008

Angelfire

As I said, I burned cyber-rubber on my way back to Angelfire. I wanted that free web page. Wow, it was amazing to me, the thought that someone would be kind enough to give someone a page. Now, you may wonder why I didn't start my first page on Yahoo. I already had their e-mail account. The truth is, I don't know if Yahoo even offered web hosting back then. My information on the Internet and how it works was being assembled in the same fashion as my web page: piecemeal, bit by bit. I added things as I learned of them. The extent of my knowledge about the Internet and how it works was now: (1) You can surf it. Surf, I now knew, meant to click on links and read things. (2) You can search. Searching was a way to find links. (3) You can e-mail. And you don't have to have your own computer to do it. (4) You can get a free website at Angelfire.

Angelfire. The name appealed to me. I am an artist, an idealist, and a hopeless romantic. Angelfire sounded so brilliant, so mystical, so beautiful. Angelfire. And they gave you a free site. What an angel!

Bugbones. My own name sounded so... I don't know. Gross. Ugly. Strange. It wasn't Angelfire...

Oh, the perils of Bugbones!

No comments:

Post a Comment